You can read the news article published in the DSEI’19 Special Issue of MSI Turkish Defence Review here:
Established in 2012, Profen Defence Technologies provides solutions for Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) and tailor-made communication solutions to military and government organizations worldwide.
As a solution partner with leading defence companies, the company installs, integrates and commissions strategic and tactical communications, monitoring and interception systems. In addition, it provides annual maintenance solutions for communications and interception systems according to the needs of its customers. With its dedicated project management team and experienced engineers, Profen Defence Technologies provides complete services for challenging projects.
The in-house R&D department, architectural design, software development house and mechanical design office providing specific design and solutions based on customer needs are unique capabilities of the company.
For homeland security; Profen Defence Technologies provides flyaway and vehicle mounted satellite terminals and associated network services with the capability in satellite based Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) services for monitoring critical infrastructure, shipborne and air-borne SOTM terminals, telemetry, tracing systems for radar and remote sensing satellite systems and RF surveillance systems.
In addition to defence projects, Profen Defence Technologies Ankara office acts as the government liaison office for all Profen Group companies with its strong connections at relevant government institutions. Having Facility Security Clearance, the Ankara office boasts full national and NATO secure premises with its staff holding personal security clearances. This allows it to take part in government, defence and security projects that requires National and NATO Secret clearance.
Mission and Areas of Business
In today’s challenging environment, where natural disasters, state-on-state conflict, terrorism, transnational crime and unconventional warfare are growing concerns for nations world-wide, security plays a critical role in every day society. Given the importance of this, our Mission is to be the partner of choice for global Defence, Security and Civil organisations to create advanced electronic systems for a more secure society. We help to combat evolving and emerging threats through the design and delivery of affordable, innovative technologies. Our areas of business include land forces, maritime, government, security, counter terrorism, and critical national infrastructure.
Profen Defence Technologies’ Solutions
- Strategic & Tactical Satellite Communications and Monitoring Solutions
- Tailor-Made Strategic & Tactical Communications Systems
- Surveillance, Reconnaissance Solutions and Cyber Security
- Special System Design
Strategic & Tactical Satellite Communications and Monitoring Systems
Strategic satellite communication systems enable government and security agencies to use satellite communications networks for critical mission systems. These solutions include data mining and tracking software, enabling the comprehensive analysis and reporting of activities to counter threats as they arise.
Strategic satellite communication systems offer coverage on a regional or national scale with flexible, fully upgradeable systems that can maximize the communication and monitoring capability.
Tailor-Made Strategic and Tactical Communications Solutions
Profen designs and builds tactical and strategic satellite communications systems for local, regional and global customers to provide business continuity in mission critical applications. These solutions can include various communication technologies such as LTE, microwave, Wi-Fi, satellite, optical, copper in various formats such as manpack, vehicle mounted terminals, SOTMs, shelters, airborne and deployable. All-in-one complicated solutions can be controlled by its own M&C system called as YIGIT.
With scalable production, in-house design and a modular, flexible approach, Profen provides COTS systems right through to custom designed communications systems in a secure and controlled environment.
Profen’s X-Y Pedestal Antenna is ideal for use with LEO and MEO satellites.
X-Y Pedestal Antenna
- Ideal for use with LEO and MEO satellites
- Earth Observation and Imaging
- Remote Sensing
- Communication and TT&C
- Design from L-Band to Ka-Band
- Dish sizes from 2.0 m to 7.5 m
- Carbon fibre reflectors
- Optional FSS sub-reflector
- Backlash free Cycloid reducers
- Overhead keyhole free full motion
- Lightweight and portable antenna
- Ideal for dismounted soldier or first responder
- Uninterrupted communication in highly rural areas and harsh environments
- Exceptional RF performance
- Operational and logistic advantages over its competition
- Compact design and intelligent packaging
- One-man setup and operation
- Optional hard transit case
- Meets standard CAA baggage size for carry-on baggage
Vehicle Mounted Terminal (SOTM)
- Lightweight and portable antenna
- High-throughput communication system on-the-move
- Reliable and easy connectivity for any vehicle, vessel or fixed platform
- Robust architecture suitable for land-mobile and maritime environments
- Easy installation and commissioning
- Solid state electronically-steered antenna
- Fast tracking, on-the-move connectivity
- Lightweight and compact antenna
- Specially developed for IP data communications
- Video-audio delivery
- Ideal for SNG, GSM Backhaul, CCTV, Disaster Management, Oil & Gas Exploration, Military & Backup Communications
- Fully motorized offset antenna
- Aerodynamic cowling for better vehicle driving performance
- Easy integration on standard vehicle load bars
- Easy operation with standard Ka-Band modems
Surveillance, Reconnaissance Solutions and Cyber Security
Intelligence and communication is key to being able to make decisions when and where necessary in order to meet today’s security challenges. The ability to analyse data, determine enemy intent and provide information enables government and security agencies to make decisions, deploy assets and counter potential threats. In this respect, utilisation of integrated capabilities for both covert and overt operations, including surveillance, anti-terrorist over-watch, public event security, key asset protection, urban surveillance and cyber security is vital in reducing the number, scale and impact of attacks.
RF surveillance provides solutions for Spectrum and Licensing Regulators to survey and police the RF and satellite frequency spectrums.
- Spectrum monitoring
- Continuous surveillance
- Network coverage data
- Geo-location and electronic mapping of threat emitters
- Solves interference, crosstalk and illegal broadcasting
- Monitoring of critical communications
- Signals reconnaissance
Eagle Eye Social Media Analysis System
Profen’s Eagle Eye Social Media Monitoring, is designed to listen to what is being said across the internet via monitoring media by continuously crawling sites, indexing and archiving them. Monitoring the media enables companies and governments to index sites and search target mentions, opinions, sentiment on specific issues, people and places.
- Social media monitoring to track conversations around desired company brands
- Social media listening and content research
- Account profile analysis showing ID, other accounts, subject type and social rank
- Profile history, pictures, interactions, follower ratio and shares
- Profile identification
- Word tracking with instant word alarm notification by advanced filtering
- Location base analysis
- Hashtag analysis
- Optional trend-topic analysis based on location
- Profile history
- OCR text search in picture
- Alarm definition
- Correlation between Twitter, Instagram and Facebook profiles
- Picture analysis by using hashtag data
Special System Design and Development
Profen provides special system design comprising of component and system design, manufacturing, testing and service deployment for all-in-one communication needs at field. During these processes, all details of each project are evaluated rigorously and planned accordingly. Manufacturing of the individual parts, vehicle modification, coach building and system assembly is done by Profen’s experienced technical staff.
- Special system design and development
- Vehicle design and coach building
- Command & control vehicle/ unit design and development
Profen has a high degree of technical expertise in design, development, system integration and provision of satellite communication systems, ground stations and networks. Detailed technical proposals are prepared before the project award, which includes extensive system design, analysis, link budgets and reliability considerations to ensure Profen delivers complex network solutions that are reliable and cost effective.
For legacy systems, Profen provides retrofit upgrades, refurbishment, relocation & realignment, repair & replacement services. With a team of highly experienced and industry trained personnel, Profen can deliver projects of any size and budget. Profen’s senior staff exhibit excellent project management and communication skills for challenging environments where security, cultural, ethnic and environmental factors are determining factors. Profen offers a full line of maintenance services contracts, including preventive maintenance, remedial maintenance and full service maintenance contracts for customers’ continuous support requirements. These services, given by experienced field technicians and engineers, provide continuous operation of the systems with minimum downtime and repair costs.
Profen also provides training on O&M courses, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance, antenna RF theory, controller commissioning and troubleshooting, antenna electrical/mechanical parameter verification and training tailored to specific antennas and/or customer needs.
Profen is fully experienced in providing its customers and suppliers both in Turkey and abroad, a timely response to questions regarding its products, solutions and services. Profen’s Customer Support Centre Help Desk provides 24/7 on-call or e-mail support with its experienced technician and engineers. Any problem that requires technical assistance is escalated to the on-duty technicians and engineers.