A.Şamil DEMİRSÖZ / firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Dr. Ismail Demir announced on April 17, that the deliveries of Fire Control Unit (FCU) and Modernized Towed Air Defence Systems to the Turkish Armed Forces (TAF) were continuing as part of the 35 mm Air Defence System Modernization and Air Burst Ammunition Project.
Prof.Dr. Demir stated that: “Our efforts to strengthen our layered air defence system are ongoing. As part of our 35 mm Air Defence Modernization and Air Burst Ammunition Project, we continue to deliver FCU and Modernized Towed Air Defence Systems to TAF, manufactured indigenously by ASELSAN as the main contractor.
FCU Platoon, based on the latest technology offers an effective low-altitude air defence solution for the areal defence of critical facilities and military units. The FCU Platoon can control up to 3 modernized towed guns, as well as 1 HISAR-A Missile Launch System simultaneously.
These systems provide highly effective air defence against current air threats, including air-to-ground missiles, cruise missiles, and unmanned aerial vehicles thanks to 35 mm Air Burst Ammunition. I sincerely congratulate everyone who contributed to this project and the deliveries.”
General characteristics of the 35 mm modernized towed guns (FCU Platoon) are listed as follows:
- Firing rate of 2 x 550 rounds per minute (total 1100 rounds per minute) with 2 x 35 mm Air Defence gun
- Ability to use 3 different types of ammunition: 35 mm Air Burst Ammunition, HEI, TP-T
- Integrated Power Unit
- Improved user interfaces
- Hardware operating with low voltage power Supply
- Battery pack that allows short-term operation when the power supply is shut off
- Ability to work with an external power supply
- Servo-control, actuator, power distribution and fire control subsystems ensuring superior performance against modern air threats such as air-to-ground missiles, cruise missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles