ATLAS Project was signed between SAHA Istanbul’s members ROKETSAN, ASELSAN and Sabancı University INOVENT and SSB.
You can read the Advertorial published in the 79th Issue of MSI Turkish Defence Review here:
SAHA Istanbul’s member companies took their place amongst the stakeholders in 12 of the 17 R&D projects executed by Presidency of Defence Industries (SSB) at a signature ceremony which was held with the participation of Prof. Dr. İsmail Demir, The President of Defence Industries on 13 January.
SAHA Istanbul, maintains its position as an important power for increasing the local production rate in defence industry. 10 members of SAHA Istanbul took their place amongst the stakeholders in 17 R&D projects executed by the SSB and signature ceremony of which was held with the participation of the President of Defence Industries Prof. Dr. İsmail Demir. As stakeholders SAHA Istanbul’s member companies signed 12 of the 17 projects.
In 17 R&D projects for which a contractor model based on a SME-Industry-University cooperation has been established, SAHA Istanbul’s member companies; TEI, HAVELSAN, SELVİ YAZILIM, ASELSAN, SDT, MilSOFT, ROKETSAN, Turkish Aerospace, KORDSA, YONGATEK and STM took part either as a contractor or sub-contractor in the relevant projects. ROKETSAN and ASELSAN took part in the signature ceremony as the stakeholders of 3 separate projects.
The Key for Development in High Technology: R&D
SAHA Istanbul which brings all the relevant stakeholders ranging from prime contractors to SMEs, from R&D centres to universities together under one roof and forming a necessary eco-system in order to nationalize the defence industry, restlessly accompanies its members in the projects which will reduce our country’s foreign dependency in defence and aviation industries. Secretary General of SAHA Istanbul, İlhami Keleş, stated that they were proud of seeing SAHA Istanbul’s members took part in the 12 of the 17 R&D projects conducted by the SSB and further added that: “Development of a defence industry that requires high technology develops in parallel to R&D investments. A must in the development of high technology is R&D investments. We, as SAHA Istanbul, are carrying out projects both in defence and aviation industries in order to increase the national production, reduce the foreign dependency and bring our members in such projects together. We are delighted for the fact that our members took part amongst the stakeholders in the R&D projects executed by SSB that will make significant contributions for the nationalization of defence industry. This shows that we are on the right path.”
The Projects in Which SAHA Istanbul’ Members Took Part
- ASLAN Project, one of the 17 R&D projects, was signed between SAHA İstanbul’s member TEI and SSB. The subject of the project, is the development of aluminium moulding processes utilised in aviation, the aim of which is the development of manufacturing processes and development of aluminium block moulding of TEI-PD170 diesel engine used in unmanned air vehicles.
- GENIUS Project which is prepared for the personalization of flight simulator training by measuring the cognitive workload was signed between SAHA Istanbul’s member HAVELSAN, METU TAF Modelling and Simulation R&D Centre and SSB.
- ROBO-TIM Project planned for the development of swarm capability supported by artificial intelligence in order to enable UAVs and UGVs to perform their tasks in coordination was signed between SAHA Istanbul’s member SELVİ YAZILIM and TÜBİTAK BİLGEM, POLONOM, İstanbul Ticaret University and SSB
- GÖRÜ Project designed for the classification and identification of surface targets detected by radar was signed between SAHA İstanbul’s members ASELSAN, SDT, MilSOFT and TÜBİTAK and SSB.
- HAMLE Project aimed at developing a commander assistant with artificial intelligence that develops course of actions was signed between ASELSAN, İTÜNOVA TTO, ETE SOLUTIONS and SSB.
- ATLAS Project aimed at developing nano additive prepreg material was signed between ROKETSAN, ASELSAN, Sabancı University INOVENT and SSB.
- ALUMINA Project which will help to develop alumina powder to be used in ceramic armours was signed between ROKETSAN, Sabancı University INOVENT and SSB.
- BORKAR Project aimed at developing boron carbide, silicon carbide light ceramic armuor materials was signed SAHA Istanbul’s member ROKETSAN and MDA and SSB.
- KARTAL Project aimed at the development of carbon and fiberglass epoxy prepreg was signed between SAHA Istanbul’s members TUSAŞ, KORDSA and SSB.
- KERKES Project aiming to develop a global positioning system and independent autonomous navigation system was signed between SAHA Istanbul’s member STM and SSB.
- KOKRİSTAL Project aimed at the development of energetic materials by co-crystallization was signed between TÜBİTAK MAM, SAHA İstanbul’s member ROKETSAN and SSB.
- Microbolorometer Project aimed at developing 12 micrometre microbolometer type infrared detector set and subsystems for thermal weapon binoculars and reconnaissance surveillance systems was signed between SAHA Istanbul’s member ASELSAN, METU MEMS and SSB.