Presidency of Defence Industries (SSB) announced its 2022 targets. Along with the targets announced on January 31, a video was also released. According to the shared information, the defence and aerospace industry will spend 2022 with the long-awaited deliveries of several projects. 2022 will also witness the start of new projects.
These goals, shared under different headings, are as follows:
Aviation and Space
- The development and production of parts of the Turkish Fighter (TF) will continue.
- The first delivery of GÖKBEY, Turkey’s first original helicopter, will be made to the Gendarmerie General Command (GGC).
- HÜRJET Advanced Jet Trainer and Light Attack Aircraft will leave the hangar and ground tests will begin.
- Deliveries of the HÜRKUŞ New Generation Basic Training Aircraft will be made.
- The Mini UAV-D system and the BOYGA Ammunition Drop UAV, will be put into operation for the first time.
- Bayraktar TB3 UCAV which can land onto and take off from ships with short runways, will make its first flight.
- The last A400M aircraft will be delivered and the A400M fleet of 10 aircraft will be complete.
- Within the scope of MELTEM III Project, 2 more P-72 Maritime Patrol Aircraft will be delivered and the project will be completed.
- Unmanned Reconnaissance Aircraft Project will be launched for the Turkish National Police (TNP).
- Indigenous LNA module will be used in space and, The Cube Satellite KILIÇSAT will be launched into the space to obtain the location and route information of the ships.
Air Defence, Weapons, Missiles and Ammunition
- Within the scope of the Air-to-Air Missile (Göktuğ) Project, the first deliveries of the BOZDOĞAN Within Visual Range Missile and GÖKDOĞAN Beyond Visual Range Missile will be made.
- GÖKDENİZ Close Air Defence System will be integrated into the ISTANBUL frigate for the first time.
- First deliveries of SUNGUR Portable Air Defence Missiles will be made.
- ATMACA Anti-Ship Missile and KARAOK Short-Range Anti-Tank Weapon will enter the inventory for the first time.
- First deliveries will be made in the Pedestal Mounted CİRİT Project.
- First deliveries of Stabilized Machine Gun Platforms for Gabya class frigates will be made.
Land Vehicles Projects
- First deliveries of PARS IV 6×6 Special Operation’s (S-Ops) Vehicle, developed within the Mine Protected Vehicle Procurement Project will be made.
- The first delivery of the Marine Assault Vehicle (MAV) will be made.
- The first Armoured Combat Vehicle (ACV) that has been modernized and integrated with an unmanned turret will be delivered.
- The fire control systems in M60T tanks will be renewed with the national Volkan-M system.
- The development and delivery of new unmanned land vehicles of different types and features in various classes will be made.
- Contracts for the 6th, 7th and 8th ships will be signed within the scope of the MİLGEM project.
- The process for the construction of the prototype ship will begin within the scope of the Turkish Type Fast Attack Craft (TTHB) Project.
- Integration of Bayraktar TB3 UCAV to the Multi-Purpose Amphibious Assault Ship ANADOLU will begin.
- In the New Type Submarine Project, the second submarine will be dry docked.
- New unmanned sea vehicles projects will be started.
- KTJ3200 Turbojet Engine to be used in SOM and ATMACA missiles will be delivered.
- The Test Infrastructure, where the tests of turboshaft engines to be used in helicopters will be made, will be put into service.
- The Development of UAV Stand-off Jammer (İHASOJ) Project will be started.
- The National Electronic Warfare Suite Development (FEWS) Project will be launched.
- First deliveries of Early Warning Radar System ERALP, Low Altitude Radar System ALP and Airport Traffic Radars will be made.
- MERT and MERTER Portable Electronic Attack Systems will be put into use for the first time.
- A contract will be signed for ASELFLIR-600, the advanced version of CATS (Common Aperture Targeting System) used in UAVs.
- The first vehicle and container X-ray screening systems developed under the MİLTAR (National Screening Systems) project will be installed at the facility of the Ministry of Commerce in İzmir Alsancak Port.
- Installation of the Intelligent Control Point and Gendarmerie Intelligent Patrol Application will begin for the GGC.
- The pilot night vision goggles, developed nationally for the Land Forces Command, will be delivered for the first time.
- Within the scope of the HETS Project, the first delivery of the active laser-based helicopter obstacle detection system will be made.
- Within the scope of the GAMUS Project, the communication systems of the TNP and the GGC will be integrated into GAMERs (Security and Emergency Situations Coordination Centres) and to each other.
R&D, Industrialization and Support Activities
- The AVCI-2 Helmet System, which also includes the national display module, will be used in ATAK helicopters.
- YONCA Multi-Core Microprocessor Development R&D Project will be started.
- R&D Project for Quantum Radar Technologies will be started.
- More than 200 companies will be supported under EYDEP (Industrial Competency Assessment and Support Program).
- National Participation will be held in 8 international defence industry fairs.
- Support given to young people and new entrepreneurs will continue with events such as TEKNOFEST, ROBOİK and Cyber Security Competition.